Awhile back, we discussed the benefits of SAP Business Warehouse (BW) on HANA compared to a “plain” BW environment. To further elaborate our expertise in BW, we would like to share the overall benefit of the SAP BW solution, and what services Clariba can provide for BW.
SAPis a successful and experienced player in the Business Intelligence market; its first version of SAP BW dates back to 1997. Many versions have been released since then, being the latest one in 2014: SAP BW 7.4. Today it is a solid and very stable data warehousing solution with a strong position in European, Middle East and Asiatic markets.
SOME OF BW’s TOP WINS ARE:
- BW is shipped with the named "Business Content", which is SAP standard ready-made packages containing complete ETLs and reports (from extraction routines, meta-data, InfoCubes to information models) that guarantee analysis and reporting capabilities out-of-the-box.
- For customers with SAP ECC, that “Business Content” is a quick and sure win as it covers all SAP Modules. It speeds up BI implementations while ensuring the quality of the outcome. This is not the same in the case of BODI or any other non-SAP solutions. More time and effort is required for development, testing and implementation on other solutions.
- You can combine it easily with practically any internal or external data source, including existing data marts, third-party reporting and analysis tools, or planning and execution applications.
- You have one of the most advanced data-warehousing workbench in the market, more focused on business processes than its competitors.
- Thanks to this advanced DW workbench, you can cover very complex scenarios while at same time ensuring the data quality.
- You can deploy it on HANA and have in-memory BI!
- It can be tightly integrated to other SAP BI and EPM tools such as SAP BPC, SAP SSM, SAP BusinessObjects or SAP Data Services.
WHY CLARIBA IS THE EXPERT?
As an expert in implementing SAP Business Warehouse, Clariba can provide the following services for SAP BW:
- Consulting services on full-cycle implementations of SAP BW, covering any business area (from Finance, to Procurement, Sales or HR).
- Strong on functional knowledge that ensures business requirements are successfully added to SAP BW.
- Design and installation of complete BW landscapes.
- Integration of SAP BW with any other system, either for Data Extraction or Data Publication.
- Integral BI assessments to ensure existing BW solutions are finely tuned and properly cover business requirements.
- Support Maintenance services on existing implementation eg: to perform periodical activities such as process chains monitoring or housekeeping.
All-in-all, SAP BW is a great solution and Clariba is here to deliver it!